Recommendations on how to find accommodation during summertime
1) Talk to as many people as possible in every network you find yourself in. Let everyone know that you are looking for accommodation during summer on Gotland.
Perhaps you will meet other students or persons also looking? Why not get together and share?
If you have found a larger accommodation but need room mates you can place an ad for free here.
2) Summer job on the Gotland? Ask your future employer about advice and contacts for accommodation during summer.
4) Look everywhere! Over the whole island (not just Visby) and in many places at the same time.
In some places buses run more frequently during summer. We recommend the following links:
– Advertisements: www.blocket.se or http://helagotland.lokus.se/
– Facebook groups:
”Gotland bostad hyres/uthyres Gotland”, ”BOSTÄDER – Köpes, säljes, uthyres Gotland”, ”Hyra hus på Gotland”
www.krukmakarenshus.org , Phone: +46 70-073 47 91
www.unclejoes.se/logi/ , Phone: +46 498-29 96 90
Further information on hostels can be found at the Tourist Bureau website: www.gotland.com
5) Accommodation for a few days/weeks, contact Hemse Folkhögskola, situated app. 50 minutes by bus from Visby. Contact Over seas Director, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: 46 (0)70-083 25 70, 0498-20 36 56
(Note: fully boked during week 26)